• 1kg cooked, peeled, mashed, and cooled Desiree potatoes
(peel potatoes after being cooked to avoid potatoes being too moist)
• 300g plain flour
• 1 egg
• 12g salt
• 50g Parmesan cheese
• Pinch of nutmeg
• Pinch white pepper
1. After cooling the potatoes, mix lightly all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. There is no need to knead.
2. Bring a large saucepan full of salted water to the boil
3. Roll gnocchi into thin long sausages and flour well.
4. Use pizza scraper or knife to make small oblong shapes (3cm by 2cm) and coat with flour and place in a lasagne tray
5. Once tray is full, place raw gnocchi into the boiling water
6. The gnocchi is cooked once they all rise to the top
NOTE: If freezing or refrigerating for later, place the cooked gnocchi in a container of iced water
*Portion size should be equivalent to 200g of fresh cooked gnocchi